Friday 17 March 2017

Back to Normal. Whatever that is!

G'day from a Very Wet Week here.
That would not be as bad as the snow I hear some of y'all
are getting in the USA. Boo! To that;)
Still, personally, I prefer wet to hot any day.
This was the view from our front window. It DOES look like a painting, eh??!!
ANYWAYS.
Scrapping.
I'd done the bg ages ago.... didn't take much to add a few layers.
I'm pretty pleased at managing to pop BOTH colour and a Black & White
photo on the same page;)
 I thought I'd write the family's names ON the photo. That made it easier!
 Just felt like creating a cluster for no other reason than I could.
That is washi tape underneath, saying 'make today amazing',
 from Happy Mail. ADORE it - no idea
 what sort it is!
Ripped a few edges & used my fountain pen for the minimal journaling...
I've been hitting my stride. Went to scrap with Mum & her
GF who was down visiting from QLD for the week.
Took 4 LOs to do. And did 'em.
But I'll only show you two here:)
I am not fantastic at using frames, but thought I'd give it a shot here!
 Having fun using tiny bits of layers showing underneath the photos...
 The little sayings in the frames come from an Amy Tangerine 6x6 pad, I think....
they worked, so I went with them!
And I am seriously IN LOVE with those COPPER alphas.... mwah!!!!

Then I 'cleared my table'. Do you do that at times?
I find I have Piles that accumulate 'cos I don't want to put the bits
away, otherwise I'll forget about them. I had this pile
of Paris stuff. Some vintage, some serviettes [too nice to wipe
my face on!!!]...you get the picture.

This is what I did:
1 Pulled the layers off the serviette  - leaving JUST the image layer.
2 Using my glue stick, stuck this layer on some white card. Smoothed it out,
then trimmed the edges so it was 'square'.
3 Got out the Distress ink & sponged over it cos all the other embellies
were 'vintage' & the white bg looked 'wrong':
Then I added some Distress ink to the edges:
Yes, this is a different card; made two!
4 Added embellies. The bottom one was cut in 1/2 so it could be
used on both cards!
Made them 'same-same' but different...
 The butterfly is a die cut & the hexagon banner is packaging...
And I didn't mind using slightly rusted flair. I think it fitted the cards...
Please note use of BRADS!!!

THEN I had a pile of hearts I'd cut out of a Kleenex tissue box,
& some other bits....so I made these little embellies:
Had a BALL. Mostly, these will be for Happy Mail.
It's good to use one's punches ;)
And there y'go. That's what I've been up to!
I'm very happy to be feeling better and more up for some scrapping, I must say!
Here's to a happy weekend, wherever you, and regardless of the weather:)
Take care & happy scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

21 comments:

  1. Hi Lizzy, hey the rain has been great up here too.. the grass is greenier!! and so good to hear things are getting back to... 'normal''!!! Great creating, and love the embellies, you do marvellous multi photo layouts for sure! And have a good weekend.. I hope you get to do things that make your heart happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh you've been a busy bunny, love your family layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow wow wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! These are all amazing! I am LOVING them!!!!!! And I didn't buy Copics (too expensive for me! LOL!) -- I use Spectrum Noir markers instead ... they are the same quality for A LOT less money! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally awesome Lizzy! When you get busy you really get busy :D I love how you create outside the square & all these projects are so clever. Great work girl! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gooood golly girly! Look at this lineup of awesomeness!! You know I'm a fan of those stenciled dimensional backgrounds and I REALLY love the way that turquoise pops right off the kraft. And then we get the the napkin dress - SSSOOOOOoo amazing! haha! Always love reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely dose of creativity. You do a awesome job of getting more than one pic on a layout. Love the embellies and using tissue boxes , clever girl. Those little embellies are fab additions to layouts, card , happy mail . We are doing the dye hard colour run tonight and the weather is not real nice, hopefully the rain will hold off

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think need to go and lie down now :D I am exhausted :D I don't know how you manage to get so much done. Clearly you don't have such a demanding hubby :O We have just got back and this is the first time I have had to sit at my computer and catch up. I love that rainy pic Lizzy... it is gorgeous. My fave weather too unless of course you are trying to sight see then it is a bugger. Beautiful layouts and I love the use of the pen. Cool backgrounds on both and way to go getting four done :D The cards are just gorgeous. Such a good idea and I have a box of serviettes that were too pretty to use :D Love the little embellies that you made too. You have been such a busy lady <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. so many lovely projects Lizzy! adore them all! )))) you was a busy bee))) your layouts with multiphotos are great, it's always a problem for me to use more than 2, but you made it wonderful! )))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love love all your projects! The beautiful scap pages and the fabuous cards! Pretty creations each and every one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goodness, the rain does you some good! Looking forward to some scrapping time myself. A nice quiet day to just relax! Our snow is melting so I'll watch it from here! Super cool pages and lovely cards. Enjoyed this post while drinking a cup of coffee...so thanks for making it! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness! First of all... that pic out the window is pretty cool! And the background on that first layout and mix of b&w and colored photos... LOVE it! And the layout on Kraft... beautiful! Love the aqua background with the kraft..and such beautiful photos... I really need to summon up my inner Lizzy (I pulled out my pile of happy mail yumminess that I received a while ago and hoping to use some of it up today.. so maybe ... just maybe... yes... I think for sure... it won't be a scrapbook page though... no time for that).. those paris cards... so beautiful... so.. a serviette is a napkin, right? I have one I've been saving for just such a technique, but I was unsure how to do it... now I know! If that's what it is...lol... and the embellishments from the Kleenex boxes! So happy I'm not the only one that does this... mine is a pretty shiny gold patterned Glade candle box.... I wonder if I can incorporate that with those goodies and really pay homage to you ... thanks for the lovely visit! It was fun...

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's always fun to drop in for a visit and see what you've been up to. Glad you are feeling better and getting your craft on. That "water colour" photo of the rain is a beauty. Both your layouts have that random, quirky, feel to them - love them on the Kraft with the turquoise texture paste. Swooning about the Parisian serviette work! How clever is that? As the kids would say Totes Awesome. Clever work with the Kleenex boxes too. I think I might order a pair of glasses with Lizzy lenses, so that I can spot all the scrappy stuff which is cunningly disguised as every day household items. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. As ALWAYS!!! soooo much loveliness at the same place, Love your stenciled BG on you pages!!! Wish I could do that too.... and those Paris cards, to die for!!! Ok so you get a LOT of rain now, maybe you need that after all the hot hot HOT weather...? Here we have som snow today 😩 not fun!!! I neeeed spring now! But I know it is a bit early here yet. Have a great day my Dearest Lizzy!!! 💕 Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. There is so much to love in this post; but, seriously, those heart embellies? Should be published somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great layouts and those cards are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. hhehe love Helen's comment, I need some Lizzy specs too! Love your layouts, especially the one with the frames - Love how you've used them and that beautiful blue texture looks wonderful agains the kraft. But the best the is that you have that knack of queezing in loads of cool stuff but still making the photos the stars of the show :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh My Lizzy! Your creativity knows no limit!
    Love Love what you have created! Bravo!!
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow so many beautiful shares Lizzy! LOVE the bright texture stenciling the kraft so striking!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well, all I can say is WOW!! (Well, actually, that's not all I'm going to say. LOL!!) Here I am, back from my hols and look what I found .. lots and lots of
    Lizzy gorgeousness!! Good to see you are feeling better again and boy!! you have been ceating up a storm!! Love everything to bits. Brilliant rainy photo, fabulous scrap pages and totally awesome cards!! Also, that happy mail is absolutely fabulous!! Someone is going to be very happy with all that. Enjoy the rest of the week Lizzy!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Inspiration oozing from this post Lizzy....I think I need some of those glasses Helen was talking about. Your ideas and vision is incredible. Always a delight to pop in to see what you are Sharing. Beautiful layouts also. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the layouts...especially the stencil work and the colours. You are certainly making up for lost time. Looks like your pile is dwindling a LOT...mine is at a standstill.;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for taking the time to comment....I really appreciate you dropping me a line :)