Monday 6 March 2017

SSSSHHHH!

.... a BIG shhhh! Please don't tell on me, but somehow, today, without
actually MEANING to, I ended up doing a challenge LO.
For KRAFT PLUS, my old DT. See, I pop on over & check out
what's going on each month.....
So I knew it was DENIM this month:
And I was actually thinking how GLAD I wasn't on the DT
to do this one!
But trotting back from the shop this morning [slight exaggeration -
I'm better but not that well!] with some more tissues, 
this is what I discovered on getting home.
And nope, didn't notice at the shops!
Believe me, I used every little skerrick of 'denim' that I could!
Fussy cut out the pockets. Obv had to cover up the Kleenex bit.
Also did some stitching & used some staples. The rest of the packaging
got punched into hearts & stars.
Here's my whole page. I've used some Distress ink blue for the splats
in the bg. Thanks Lizzy C for those stamps, from ages ago!
Slightly mixed media-ish. I'm really trying to use up photos.
I've too many to scrap singly.
Finding ways of making multi LOs work is a REAL challenge:)

A lot of the bits on this page come from my KITAHOLIC kit. I do ADORE them!
The love arrow above, & the sweet tab are part of the 'exclusive' cut files.
 My journaling. I really love the 'circle of life' thing, with my Grand Boys using MY
sons' toys.... below is the title. I've coloured the wood with Distress ink,
then used my Wink of Stella pen for some sparkle:
 Last close up - some cute tiny word stickers & more 'denim' with the heart below:
So, linking up over at KRAFT PLUS, which always have highly imaginative
challenges :)
On the home front, apart from Tom coughing pretty much non stop, everything else
is getting back to normal. FINALLY. And hooray for that!
Happy scrapping folks ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

27 comments:

  1. "skerrick": great word! And a wonderful page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twas wondering what you were shushing for!!! And love the denim pockets you have upcycled for this challenge.. i thought they were real fabric denim when I saw your lo on facebook, but now I see how you have used a tissue box... great thinking !! and fabulous layout.. love the way you use multi photos.. love the embellies.. and thanks for joining in with Kraft+ this month!! and soooo glad to hear you are feeling better... and trusting Tom recovers too.. the coughing can be very stubborn to get rid of at times.. hope it settles for you all soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehehe ... someone broke her vow! LOL!! I love love love this! LOVING how clever you were using the Klennex box!!!!!!!!!! This is GENIUS!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha..ha..haa..The package is Lucky landed in your hand & got to shine on this LO !! Its Awesome I loved the pop of lime green and those denim pockets suit so well with the photos !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy - you are just too cute Lizzy!!! What a FABULOUS accident that you picked up that denim because you created a SUPER FUN layout. Sure hope you feel better really soon dear girl. Xj.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How amazing is that tissue box! See there's always a silver lining, without your cold you'd not have run out of tissues and discovered the denim. And you've certainly put it to good use, love, love, love this page - so fun and so full of energy, even if you're not.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What luck! I saw this and I had to pop over and see it in person - you did an AMAZING job with that "denim" ~ glad you are feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just goes to show that inspiration can strike from any angle, even when you are "crook". You seem to be able to appropriate anything and herd it onto a page. I really admire that about your scrapping. Our Grand Boys too, love playing with the Daddy's Lego from 30 years agoAnd lucky us, to have your inspirational page joining in the Denim frenzy. So glad you played along.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well that worked a treat ! Brilliant , love how you covered the kleenex word as well. Something positive came out of your cold. Fab layout Lizzy. Hope Tom stops coughing soon , take it easy the both of you

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! It was meant to be! Love the denim and Kraft together! Awesome layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you are feeling much better Lizzy!
    I love your layout and your creative ideas.
    They seem to always be flowing!
    Thanks for thinking outside the box!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fabulous page, and great find on the tissue box......it was just meant to be I say <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. L:zzy! Your page is absolutely adorable! I love, LOVE how you used the tissue box here - so ingenious! Your take on this challenge is just fabulous in every single way. And thanks for your visit to my blog, too. I hope your whole family feels better soon! HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super super creative...great recycling, love it! Fabulous page Lizzy! Denim and Lace is my thing, hope I have time to play along!

    ReplyDelete
  15. you're so creative Lizzy! )))) greatway to use every bit of denim for tis challenge! )))) and hope you get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fantastic page, I thought I was good at thinking outside the box but you take it to a whole other level! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh Rock star Lizzy, rock star! I am guessing by now you are much much better....although I still have a tiny bit of cold left myself...Hope that nice weather there kicks it much faster!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh WOW Lizzy, you sure rocked this challenge. LOVE what you have done with those little denim pockets. Totally awesome. ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this take on the Challenge Lizzy. I can see why you were inspired :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is one clever use of "denim". LOVE how you've laid the photos out and all the word details. It's awesome that the kids get to play with daddy's toys!

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOL...I have learnt a new word too...Skerrick! Just fabulous! ;-) Love how you used your tissue packaging....its so funky and so perfect for this "NOT" challenge and boy page! He he he. Just love it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a happy happenstance!! :o) LOVE your multi pic design and love all the "denim" against the kraft. Even the title has a really cool denim effect - brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW! Lizzy is there anything that you have not been able to upcycle. I love your vision. I don't have that. It is a gift though and this layout is wonderful. So clever to cover what you don't need. Love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good on you Lizzy for playing along...it was meant to be. Love what you have done with the denim pockets....Brilliant layout.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous page lovely hope you are feeling better xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lizzy, that's an awesome page, I love it!!! Hope you are on the mend now!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for taking the time to comment....I really appreciate you dropping me a line :)